Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superbowl Scripture Fun


Use a football term to complete each of the scriptures below:

1.     Behold, ere he is aware, he is left unto himself, to __________  against the pricks, to persecute the saints, and to fight against God (D&C 121:38)

2.     Heaven and earth shall ________ away, but my words shall not _______ away (Matthew 24:35).

3.     Can the _______ grow up without mire? can the flag grow without water (Job 8:11)?

4.     And the third day we cast out with our own hands the __________of the ship (Acts 27:19).

5.     But the Lord is my ____________; and my God is the rock of my refuge (Psalms 94:22).

6.     For behold, the __________ is white already to harvest; and it is the eleventh hour, and the last time that I shall call laborers into my vineyard (D&C 33:3).

7.     I have a conscience void of _______________ towards God, and towards all men (D&C 135:4).

8.     The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but ______________is of the Lord (Proverbs 21:31).

9.     And thus they did murmur against my father, and also against me; and they were desirous to ___________________ again to Jerusalem (1 Nephi 16:36).  

10.                        Bow thy heavens, O Lord, and come ___________:  ______________ the mountains, and they shall smoke (Psalms 144:5).

11.                        I have seen the wicked in great power, and spreading himself like a _____________ __________tree (Psalm 37:35).

12.                        Thy _______________ shall be lifted up upon thine adversaries, and all thine enemies shall be cut  ____________ (3 Nephi 20:17).

13.                        But I shall endeavor, hereafter, to delineate the chronology  ______________ _________from myself to the beginning of the creation, for the records have come into my hands, which I hold unto this present time (Abraham 1:28).

14.                        Thine heart shall meditate terror. Where is the scribe? where is the _________________? where is he that counted the towers (Isaiah 33:18)?

15.                        And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and ________ a _____________, from the face of the serpent (Revelation 12:14).

1 comment:

  1. What a nice Sunday activity, perfect for bringing the Spirit to the Superbowl!

    ReplyDelete